UNSW Grand Challenges Visual Identity
Led by Scientia Professor Rob Brooks, the Grand Challenges Program puts UNSW’s research into the real world. Each challenge engages scholars, policymakers and the public, through a series of critical discussions, debates, events and activities.
Directed by UNSW Academic leads, the Grand Challenges required a look and feel that aligns with UNSW strategic goals and their mission to bring thought leaders together to address the greatest issues facing humanity.
- Working with the Creative Services team, I led the creative development of the UNSW Grand Challenges visual identity from concepts to design.
- I designed the ‘Exclamation Point’ graphic device. A visual language for bold ideas, big Impact and taking action.
- Developed a visual design style guide to design for impact.
- Produced a design system and visual communications that:
- Stand out and adapt – using white space, geometric shapes, bold typography, and powerful hero imagery.
- Complement and contrast – secondary visual elements and colour combinations
- Evolve – visual language that generates patterns, identifiers and devices.
The Grand Challenges’ bold and clean design makes a powerful statement and inspires the target audience to take action and get involved.